Tuesday, January 5, 2010

tile it up...

I love tile.

All sorts of tile--even the kind that I would probably not use in my own home.

The thing about tile is that it feels like it's speaking about the room it's being used in. It's telling you how it feels about the room. I love that. Also, it's a fantastic way to really create something unique, artful and individually yours in a back splash, a floor, a fireplace surround--you get the idea.

You can make great budget conscious decisions when redoing a room and by adding a great tile pattern, color or texture, the ordinary becomes extraordinary.

There are so many great places all over the country that specialize in all sorts of tile. Look for retailers in your own part of the world that can inspire and excite you.


There's a new place in Los Angeles, HEATH CERAMICS, that I have fallen in love with. I'm not even going to bore you with my huge love of ceramics. It's bordering on obsessiveness and I work hard at keeping the need to collect them all at bay. Good times. They also specialize in tiles. Good stuff.

-angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment